Ready to send out some surveys?
Let's get you started and get those questions ready to send out!
If you have not reviewed Great Question Study Basics, it is recommended. 😊
Check out the video below to see how to create a Survey study.
Not able to watch or listen right now? Follow along with the steps under the video.
Create the Study
- Click New study at the top of the left sidebar menu. *Or click Studies on the left sidebar menu and click the New study button in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Survey.
- Name your study, change the Share URL if you want to customize it, use the dropdown to select an owner, and click Continue.
Set the Plan
- Set the number of people you want to talk to.
- Provide an estimated amount of time the participant should expect to spend on the study.
- Leave the incentive box checked if you want to offer an incentive. If not, uncheck that box. Note: Checking and unchecking the box does add or remove a tab called Incentives. More on incentives here.
- Choose your language.
- Click Next.
Create the Survey questions
- Start by typing up your first question.
- Decide the type of answers and create the answers. *Example: “Do you like donuts?” would be a Yes/No question. “What type of donuts do you like?” could be Multi Select, where answers would need to be typed out, or could be Short Text, which allows the participant to type their answer.
- Decide if you want the question to be required, to prevent the participant from skipping the question.
- Click Attribute and select/create an attribute if you want their reply to be created as an attribute value.
- To duplicate the question, click on the duplicate icon next to Required.
- To add more questions, click on the + under the first/previous question.
- Add any skip logic that you want to use in order to determine what questions the participant sees based on a previous answer.
- Question templates can also be viewed and used by clicking on the templates icon in the top right corner, just under the Publish tab (depending on screen size).
- Note: Name and Email are required and automatically collected. They do not need to be dedicated questions.
Set the Incentives
- If you unchecked Offer an incentive, please skip to the next section.
- Select what type of incentive you want to provide. The default is Money or gift card.
- Edit the details of the incentive.
- For Money or gift card: Set the amount you want to provide per participant, and then select the currency from the dropdown. Then, decide if you want the payout to be through Great Question, or if you want to process the payouts through other means.
- For Coupon code, Product gift, and Other: Add a title, code (for coupons), and redemption instructions.
- Review incentive details and click Next.
- Review and edit your Landing Page and Participation invites.
- If changes are needed, click on Edit for each asset and make the changes. Then click Save.
- To preview the assets for participants, click on Preview for each asset.
- Once things look good, click Next.
Time to Publish
- Review the details of your study. You should see all green checkmarks. Note: If you used incentives and did not use Money or gift card, the Incentives step can be ignored.
- If a step does not have a green checkmark, click on the edit icon to go back to that step's page and make the required updates.
- Once everything is all green, click I'm ready to publish. Note: If you are funding your incentives through Great Question, you will be prompted to select a funding method and add funds.
- Done! Study Published! 🙌
Now that you have your study published, time to add some candidates!