About the job
What you’ll be doing
- Developing our content strategy, brainstorming content ideas based on organic traffic opportunities & launch plans
- Writing a LOT: eBooks, blog posts, social posts, emails, website pages
- Engaging with the community of researchers and designers on a regular basis
- Creating social posts and wrap up blog posts from webinars
- Social media listening & posting
Experiences we think might help you succeed
- Increasing B2B organic website traffic with content; Turning that website traffic into leads with content.
- Interviewing: we built a customer feedback platform, so interviewing folks (customers, prospects, industry folks) is part of the job. And we need to turn those interviews into content that helps with traffic & leads.
- SEO audit tools/Google analytics: having used these to help inform content development could be useful.
- Excitement about a role or product: The passion that we all feel for this mission to democratize research is deep and our small team needs to exude that passion.
What this job isn’t
- Authoritarian: As the second full-time hire for the marketing team, someone who comes with ideas, is open to discussion, takes ideas, and turns them into reality. I am not going to tell you exactly what to do and expect a “yes” at every turn.
- Slow: We have lofty goals for 2022 and beyond and this is our chance to fill the top of our funnel as fast as we can.
- Single-threaded: You’ll be jumping from social listening & posting to Google analytics, to eBook writing. It’s a lot of different types of work. And we need someone who can do it all from “hummm, that’s an interesting and relevant search query” to, “and now we have an eBook live on the website and garnering leads.”
About the company
Why Great Question
- We’re solving a need that isn’t being solved in the market today, which means there are TONS of things to write about (aka: you’re not going to get bored)
- The people (our team, our customers, our industry partners) are all really kind and passionate
- We honor the diversity of our team and actively seek it in new hires
- We’re 100% remote: From Australia to Portugal, we work across time zones which means you need to be cool with asynchronous communication
- Not a lot of meetings for the sake of meetings
- Communication style: Radical candor & true empathy for people and experiences
We are on a mission to democratize user research - helping companies talk to their customers more to ensure they build software that people want! We’re a well-funded seed-stage startup, backed by Y Combinator and Funders Club.
This is a huge opportunity to get in early, work on an interesting problem, have a huge impact on the messaging and culture of an early stage company, and shape the future of how teams build software through research.
This is a remote role open to anyone able to work within American time zones.
- Please share either your resume or portfolio along with a couple of sentences about why you are interested in Great Question
- Expect a response within 1 week re: next steps
- 1:1 interviews for candidates with the hiring manager
- Take home assignment
- Cultural interviews with 2 other team members
- Meeting with co-founders