Updated by Billy Dowell
SAML integration via Okta
This article outlines how to configure your account to authenticate via a SAML provider such as Okta.
Register application in Okta
Create application in Okta
- In Okta, navigate to the Applications tab and click Applications.
- Click Add application > Create new app.
- In the dialog, select SAML 2.0 as the sign on method.
- Click Create.
Okta Application Settings
- In the General Settings, enter the application name (Great Question) and add an optional logo.
- Click Next.
- On the SAML Settings page:
- For Name ID format, select EmailAddress.
- For Application username, select Email.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Setting up application in Great Question
Obtain credentials for Great Question from Okta
- Once the application is created, complete the following steps:
- From the Great Question application in Okta, click Sign on.
- From here, click View Setup Instructions.
- These are the credentials you need:
Add credentials to Great Question
- From your account on greatquestion.co:
- Navigate to Company Profile in Account
- In the authentication form:
- Toggle on SAML Authentication.
- Add Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL to Idp sso target url.
- Add Identity Provider Issuer to Idp entity.
- Add X.509 Certificate: to Idp cert.
- Click Update Account.
SAML is now set up on your Great Question account. 🙌
Signing in via SAML
- Any user with access to Great Question in your Okta will automatically be able to sign in from their Okta profile. By default, they will be provisioned with a free observer account.
- Users that already have accounts on Great Question can connect Okta and sign in via https://greatquestion.co/sso.
Please reach out to us in the chat or at [email protected]!